A Mighty Fortress
If I was as wealthy as Bill Gates, or as my brother and country man, Aliko Dangote; but had not the fellowship and friendship of God's Son Jesus Christ I'd have been dead as I write this thought to whomever it might help!
I was attacked by the spirit of death a couple of hours back, 03:00 hours today, 13th October, 2013. I rose from sleep needing to urinate. I noticed I had a painful feeling as if a stick was being forced into my anus. I have never been a homosexual, as I think the feeling was akin to what one might feel should a man force his manhood into your asshole.
I got out of bed and stepped out of my room to use the toilet. As I stood at the door a hazy, dizzy feeling came over me from within my head and in my heart. Like I was going to drop and die, I had no feeling of physical strength in me; I felt drained. It was like I was in shock. I tried to force the urine, but it had gone; my thing had surprisingly speedily shrunk! I thought, if I would just urinate whatever it was would be terminated.
I eased myself down on the floor before I should fall, knowing that something bad was going to happen to me if I did not fight it in some way. So, I started whispering out the name of Jesus, confessing the Blood of Jesus. I put off the interrupting Tv I had forgotten to put off as I slept. I sliced an orange from off the table and forced me to eat it, then I stretched myself back on my bed. The pain had not stopped.
As I laid there I reminded God that I had chosen the covenant of life which He had offered me back in time because I want to live. Then I farted a little, but the pain was still there. It struck me to call my wife. We have different rooms. Our children were all deeply asleep. She took my call and I invited her over and together we prayed declaring, decreeing, casting out, sending back evil messengers and reclaiming our inheritance in God.
As we prayed I felt the anal pain disappear even before we were done. After we thanked God and shared grace, my wife and I discussed a bit about the experience and a thought came to me. It was that I would have died this night if not for my being with Jesus. We are convinced it was a situation of an occultic invocation of death. But our God, a mighty Fortress, enabled us to resist the attack. What God did for our family early this morning could not be bought. If I were the richest man in the world, but be without God, I would be a dead rich man now. I myself want to be wealthy, so do not misunderstand my thought here.
We repelled death and cry of distress from our home by the power in the name and Blood of Jesus Christ. It is a place of greatest power to be. Were I to be anything else good in the world, but without this relationship with Jesus, I would have been dead as I write. I pray that you reading this post would crown your sweet achievement in this life with this saving relationship with our God through your surrendering control to Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son.
My family and I thank God for the benefits of being His own. We also appreciate my many mentors in the Lord, chief of whom are:
- The Jehovah Witness organization for all their wonderful and insightful divine literature I had all through my youth,
- Revd Chris Tunde Joda in whose Christ Chapel International Church I was born again in the Easter of 1987,
- Pastor W F Kumuyi for his scathing and unsettling Life Media messages of the Deeper Christian Life Ministries on righteousness, holiness and sanctification,
- Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye whose Divine Intervention initiative of the Redeemed Christian Church of God in 1998 began God's revolution in my life,
- Pastor Daniel Kayode Olukoya whose Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries led me to know that you can also take the battle to the tent of hell and ravage them,
- Pastor Tunde Bakare of the Latter Rain Assembly, the prophet standing in the Watchtower of our land,
- Pastors Oladele, Oyeleru and Osokoya all of the Brethren Church through their incisive teaching of scripture and doctrines.
- Pastor Enoch Aminu of the Pure Fire Ministries whose commitment and dedication to ministry brought me out of a recent wilderness moment,
- Revd (Chaplain) Rufus O Oyedeji of the Infallible Word Assembly who continues to sow into my life and family love, encouragement, intercession,and faith; believing that God has an agenda for me which will ultimately come to be.
For all these servants of our God by whom I have been blessed to learn, and still learn from, I am very grateful. I praise you and give you respect, Father, for your giving me access to their ministries. With God, indeed,