27.9.13

Behold Our God!


Heralding Good Tidings.

I woke up this morning feeling really down. But as I always have God to talk to, my thought went towards him straightaway.
I had a word impressed on my mind. Isaiah 40 just sprung up there. I was immediately encouraged as I read on.

First the scriptures assured me that my warfare was over and that my iniquity was pardoned. Wow! Talk about getting a lifting for the day, when, but for God being there, I'd have blown me up.
Then, as if God expects it is going to be too good to be taken in easily, He begins to roll out an unmatched list of abilities to validate:

- He is gentle with his people as a shepherd is with his flocks
- He is so awesome that He measures the waters in the hollow of His hands
- He marked off the heavens with a span
- enclosed the dust of the earth in a measure 
- and weighed the mountains in scales etc.

Regarding rulers of nations who presume they are invincible, 
'Scarcely are they planted, scarcely sown, scarcely has their stem taken root in the earth, when He blows upon them, and they wither, and the tempest carries them off like stubble'.
God is beyond being compared to anyone. A song in my Igbo dialect translated lauds this:

Jehovah, you are glorious in my situation
Jehovah, you are glorious.
In the skies, You are King,
On the earth You rule;
In the land of the spirits, You are mighty in battle.
Jehovah, you are glorious!
    
Do not therefore say your way is hid from God, nor that your right is disregarded by Him. The Lord is the everlasting God. He is the creator of all the world. He does not faint nor grow weary. No one can read Him.

God gives power to the faint, and to His own who has no might left, He increases strenght. Even youths in their natural strenght and vitality will eventually faint and grow weary, and young men shall fall exhausted. But those who wait upon the Lord, whether they are young or old, they shall always renew their strenght, they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall not be weary when they run, and they shall not faint in their walk.

This was awesome. I needed that. God was there for me. I didn't think anyone would have cared, but the Almighty God spoke timely to me through this word like He was saying :

 'I know you are there'.


No comments: