4.9.13

Look Up To The Sky Always.


I lift my eyes to heaven. In this posture, I find I am always elevated above all earthly hindrances  even every other concern becomes insignificant - as I focus on heaven literally gazing up into the expanse of the sky.  The view is so vast, so reassuring that my Source is securely removed away from my physical limitations on earth.

And I remember now the wisdom in this instruction from my Father,

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust (or worm) consume and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasure in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." (Matt 6:20&21) 
   
So, I sit here under the evening sky soaking into my care-ravaged and weather-beaten psyche the unspeakable peace from above. In this day where we describe ourselves by our 'kills' and accomplishment, I am privileged to say that God alone is my strength and my shield, my sufficiency. My everlasting help and confidant.

It is so liberating as I gaze up into the skies. All tension, all anxiety get drawn up, drained from me into heaven. I practically experience the casting of my burden upon the Lord who cares for me.

Looking up to the skies, I am so totally reassured that my help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth. Thanks, Lord. You are awesome.  



No comments: